Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A great night

Tonight was a great night.

I stinkin preached at youth group!

And I didn't totally SUCK!

I know I didn't do super, by any means....
but I got my message across.

And I wasn't a nervous wreck.

Which was incredibly affirming- the fact that I got to speak into the lives of these students that I LOVE, and I didn't SUCK- it makes me realize that this is exactly where God wants me... and whats more, i'm doing something RIGHT.

Or rather, God is doing something right IN me.....

I was super thankful for this opportunity. I hope that those kids understood God's passionate love for them, and how it's our responsibility to show it to others.

I hope they'll understand that.


Another thing, is that my family came.
I don't know what that means, but it was super cool to be able to have them there for the first time I preached.

And Jeramy, and Jon Sanchez, and Roy were there. Jeff texted me to wish me good luck. It was just one of those amazing, affirming nights.

Thank you Lord.

Just a little thing....
I think that I wish I got to really hang out with Roy sometimes. Like, on wednesdays, he's always spending time with other people, and he has super great relationships with them.

And I think it bugs me because I feel like we don't spend a lot of genuine time together, except during our meetings. And i'm not really sure where our relationship stands. It frustrates me, to be honest.

But those are just my insecurities.......

No comments:

Post a Comment