Sunday, March 20, 2011

Poem

I wrote a poem tonight while I watched a movie. it's not very good, or finished, but here is what I got...

"Boy I am your doctor"
You say with crooked smiles
Pedaling your shiny truths
and lying all the while

You say the growth's apparent
that you see through my disguise
but I never tried to hide it
no, I never tried

And if the cancer's not a killer
it's a refuge for the soul
'cause if you come at all
you just come to go

Giving just to take
but taking more than all you need
but you never tried to hide it
so I let you take the lead

(This is the chorus.... I know poems don't have choruses but still)

So I will trust you
I will trust you
like a worm upon a hook,
a martyr for the Cross,
in chess a selfless rook.
And Oh, my heart is burning
like a city under fire
but i'll play it like a minstrel
i'll be a perfect liar

So take me into battle
let me fight your war
I'll save you like the Son of Man
once saved a godless whore

To the world i'm the victim,
and you the hero play
So save the day Mr. Hero,
oh please, save the day


That's all I wrote. I don't know what it's about....

No comments:

Post a Comment