Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Servanthood


So i'm speaking at my youth group next wednesday.

I say speaking because preaching sounds weird.

Any way, i'm talking about Servanthood, and the importance of a servant's heart. The idea is that if you don't understand servanthood, you don't understand the heart of God. God has redeemed us so we can be close to Him, so we can understand His heart. And part of that is being a part of humanity's redemption. We are supposed to bring light to the darkness, heal the sick, bring hope to the broken hearted. it is not just a part of being a Christian, it is the very mission Christ has called us to. I'm struggling with putting this into a cohesive sermon, and really struggling to emphasize the incredible importance of having a servant's heart. For being a Christian, it is not an option- it's a necessity. But how do I convey that?

Ug ug ug. I don't know..... but i'm working on it! Pray that it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment