Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What i've learned: I have a lot to offer.


I use to be afraid to talk to certain people. People like Jeff, or anyone I thought was waaaaay too cool or important for me. I know it sounds silly, but I was afraid that these really important people thought I was insignificant and annoying. I struggled with this for a long time.

This, of course, all comes down to having confidence. For a long time I had no confidence in myself. I acted on this assumption that everyone else was better than me and deserved better than me.

That's junksauce.

I'm not going to lie, i'm a pretty cool guy. If I weren't me, I would totally want to be my friend. I think that I have a lit to offer people, a lot of love, a lot of time, just... a lot.

My point is is that I got my confidence. it turns out that this crazy God loves me, and totally thinks i'm worth dying for. It turns out that if this is true, I have no reason to doubt myself, because God already said i'm enough. And all of you guys are too.

I had lunch with the worship leader of my church today. To be honest, I was pretty nervous, just because I get nervous about lunches sometimes. But it was great. He's a great guy, and it was a lot of fun. And I text the important people in my life all the time, NBD.
I know that sounds lame, and right now I agree that it's not a big deal, but there was a time where it was.....

Before I realized how much God loved me,
and that I have a lot to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment