Friday, March 25, 2011

What I've Learned: What do you do when your good isn't good enough.





This is literally my favorite thing ever.

And it's just in incredible song.

Because i've been thinking about this lately- what do you do when your good isn't good enough?
How many times will it take to get it right?

I've long stopped thinking that i'm the only one who feels like this. We all feel, at times, that we just aren't enough. We try so hard, we give our all, we work it out until we are tired to the bone, and it still doesn't work out.

Relationships

School

Money

Even God

And you look at others and hope they don't noticed how much you've failed, that they'll still love you if you look perfect.

So you pick yourself up and pretend to be okay, all the while inspecting your heart, trying to figure out what went wrong. Is it because you're not smart enough? Too emotional? Mean? Annoying? Ugly? Unworthy? What is it? Why do you always fail? Why can't you be enough?

Stop.

Please understand that you are enough. You are amazing. And all of those people that are judging you? Well, they are only doing it in your head. You deserve to be happy, to know that you matter, and to know that your best is enough.

This is really about me, isn't it? Always looking for affirmation, for someone to tell me i'm okay, that i'm worth love.

I'm done with it. I know i'm enough. God has called me out and set me apart. He has huge plans for me- He has already decided that i'm enough. So I refuse to let circumstances define who I am, or people define who I am. God has already done that. And He says i'm amazing.
He says i'm strong.
and smart.
and wonderful.
and that I am enough.

What do I do when my good isn't good enough?
I'm learning to smile, and let God work. Because He'll make sure i'm good enough.
I trust Him.
I love Him.

And when I think about mistakes i've already made?
Well, i'm learning to smile at those too.
I really am kind of an idiot sometimes.
But i'm learning.
AND THAT'S WHAT THIS WHOLE STINKIN BLOG IS ABOUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment