Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thank a Mentor Day!

Today is national thank your mentor day! AAAAAH!

This makes me happy, because I always feel like there should be more occasions to thank people who have influenced you. But there really aren't that many defining moments in ones life.
So what I usually do is just randomly tell people how much they mean to me.
I'm sure it looks weird to people.
But that's ok now, because I HAVE A REASON TODAY! WOOOOOOOO!

I know I once talked about how I was frustrated with mentors, but today let's look at the positive!

Without Jeramy Wheeler and Nick Gray, I would have quit going to fusion, not come to know Jesus, and never experienced this crazy adventure i'm on.

Without Jeff Wendt, I would never have gotten into leadership at all- I would never have become a student leader, or an Elements leader, or a Fusion leader, or even temporarily an intern. I would never have been able to be a councilor at Kid's Camp, at Jr. High camp, or at Wildwood. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have even considered being a Youth Pastor without him.

Without Jon Sanchez, I would not have been able to sort through all the messy feelings and issues that I have lately. It's crazy that he listens and doesn't condemn me. LOVE IT.

Without Roy Lucier, well, I might not have the confidence I do in ministry. I guess he has no reason to doubt me, but I really appreciate how he believes in my ability to lead. It takes a lot of pressure off, and gives me room to grow.

So, that's a shout out to my top guys.
MAKE SURE YOU LET THE MENTORS IN YOUR LIFE KNOW WHAT THEY'VE DONE FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment