Saturday, January 8, 2011

What i've learned: Take your passions, seriously, not yourself

I just dyed my hair black. And put a fake tribal tattoo on my arm. And i'm wearing a black tank top. I look like a tool.

I have been called many a thing in my day (one being tool, but i'm really not, I just have to look like one for a church thing). Usually its immature, hyper, childish, bla bla bla.....
And y'know what? I am those things! I could not ever deny that I have the heart of a kid.
I constantly sing,
I am happy go lucky at the WORST moments,
I'm hard to take serious,
i'm awesome with kids,
I can brighten anyone's day,
I have the unique ability to know that everything will be alright.
I love who I am.
And I am made perfectly to do God's will.
Ya see, if I didn't have this heart, and this childlike energy, it would be VERY hard for me to serve in the ways I do. I lead kid's worship, lead a kid's small group, lead a teen small group, and someday i'm going to lead a whole youth group! If I were some straight laced, careful, pensive guy- that would be hard.
What i'm saying is, God made us each perfectly equipped to do the ministry He has called us to. Our personality's fit beautifully into the plans He has for us. We should not try to change who we really are- i'm not saying you shouldn't get new clothes, or try to be more friendly, or more loving. I'm saying that do not be anything that compromises your core. Do not take yourself so seriously that you keep yourself from being the person God made you! Let lose, have fun- LIVE. You are you, and you are awesome. Let God use WHO YOU ARE and the PASSIONS HE GAVE YOU TOGETHER.

To put it simply- and maybe I haven't even said this yet, I don't know, i'm pretty tired- Do not let the world tell you who to be, or how to live your life. Be who God has made you to be, and live out the passions He's given you.


No comments:

Post a Comment