Friday, January 7, 2011

What I know: Abimael

well, my friends, THIS post is going to be the happy kind. The very happy kind. The I-know-who-I-am-and-you-can-too happy kind. This post is not just what I have learned. Oh no, THIS post is special. THIS post is about something I know without a shadow of a doubt.

Be excited.

Tonight I went to the twenty four hour prayer at my church. I didn't honestly expect much- I had a long day, and I didn't sleep much before that. I was ready for beeeed.
But God took advantage of this opportunity to speak to me. When your in a room that is all about prayer, well...... it's inevitable.
The service planning team had laid out cards where you can pray and write down what God said to you. He said two very distinct things to me- well one was a conversation, but that's private. This part, however, I will share with you.

Hey Jon,
Words cannot express how deep my love for you is. You make me so proud every day.
You are my pride, you are my joy. Your heart is a spring of life and love to others.
It is beautiful. Don't let it dry up. You are my son, my man, and I AM YOUR GOD.
Though you may think that no one else believes in you, I DO.
Though you may feel alone, I AM WITH YOU. You need not settle for anything less.
You are amazing, you are wonderful, and you are loved.

This might seem crazy, but He seriously said this to me! It was so amazing and great. I teared up. Who wouldn't?
And here's the thing guys- God loves us all like this. He is so madly in love with us. Every second of every day we bring Him joy, we bring Him pride. Gosh guys, I know that some of you feel worthless, like no one cares- like the decisions and actions you make have no meaning- that's not the case! God is crazy about you, and He wants you to know it!
I wish I could make you guys feel this love, this security, this warmth-but only you can choose to feel it. God's waiting to let you know His feelings, but you have to be listening.
I know sometimes you feel like your situations are so far beyond repair, that there is no hope, that you are stuck in the little world you live in.
That's a lie. God has huge plans for you. He will never condemn you, and he will always be there to pick you up, to protect you, and to reaffirm who you really are. I will say it again- HE LOVES YOU.
Abimael means "God is my father". It's Hebrew, and if I were to ever get a tattoo this would be it. I have learned this to be true time and time again. God is our Father. Even if we have the best dads in the world they cannot compare to God. No one can protect us like God, no one can challenge us like God, no one can cheer us on like God..... no one can love us like God. Please try to understand this. It is so important that you know that you are loved and wanted, and that you MEAN SOMETHING. No one else can make you see this but yourself. I'm just asking you to try to open your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment