Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I don't understand: Relationships



I get frustrated with people sometimes. To be honest- ugly honest- sometimes I don't think people are worth it. I mean, when you invest in people- whether it be an opposite- sex relationship, a student- mentor relationship, or (in the case i'm currently frustrated with) just a friendship- you hope for something back. I've already talked about this, and how we shouldn't want anything back, but the fact is sometimes we just.... do.
Usually I get frustrated because i'm a very person oriented guy, and when I really put myself into a relationship and don't get relationship in return, I get hurt pretty easy. Now, mostly i'm just tired right now, so i'm just overly emotional, but sometimes when I feel forgotten or mistreated I just wanna throw my hands up in the air and say, "Forget you!" I mean, really, that's all I have right now. I'm tired of it. And i'm not angry or anything, just tired of it.

I don't get why it's so hard for people to have healthy relationships.... probably because we are broken and selfish. I know I am. I also realize that people are busy, they have lives, and i'm not the most important part of them hahaha. Still..... I like quality time with people. When I don't get it, it bugs me.

So right now i'm throwing my hands in the air.
"Forget you!"
I know its not mature, or very godly, but at least this way I won't get disappointed, right?
I'm half kidding, don't worry.

Also, I haven't talked about this before, but when I had that prayer night at church, I felt like God was telling me that He has new ministry opportunities coming up that I have to take. He thinks I need a change. I don't know whether or not this opportunity will be in Fusion or Oakhills. Sometimes I hope it will, because I love it there. Right now I kinda don't care lol. So if you read this, pray for guidance for me :)
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment