Sunday, January 23, 2011

What i've learned: I need Jesus


Here's the thing.

I'm a mess. I get really angry some times, I make stupid decisions almost daily, I worry about little things, i'm terrible at tithing, I say jerky stuff without thinking- well, I do A LOT without thinking, i'm not the best student, I am at times incredibly selfish, I say "frick" way more than I should....

.... and that's just the beginning.

Yeah, I know- I make myself look pretty great.
Sometimes, when I think about all this stuff in a negative way, I become overwhelmed with self doubt, and whether or not i'm saved, and if I WAS saved, why i'm not a better person by now, and why can't I love God more? Why can't I be perfect?

Then I realize i'm human hahaha. We are incapable of perfection. I'm not just saying this as a cop out, but a simple truth. Humanity itself is messed up. From the very first bite of that apple that Adam and Eve took, humanity was derailed. Ever since then, we have been spinning out of control.

Thank God for Jesus. That's what i'm thinking about today. Thank God that Jesus gave his life to bring humanity back on course. And thank God that I am continually forgiven each and every day. I have become convinced that salvation is a life long experience. That once we enter into a relationship with Christ, he is willing to take as much time as required to mold us into the amazing children of God we have been called to be.
I love the parable of the prodigal son. How, when the son comes home to his father, all covered in pig grime and poop, his dad hugs him. He just hugs him, not worrying about getting all the pig poo all over his nice robe.
That's just like God! If we come to Him, even covered in sin and junk, he will accept us, because He loves us so much.

THANK YOU JESUS! I NEED YOU EVERY STINKIN DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment