Monday, January 31, 2011

What i've learned: Three things everyone should know.

I was going to picture my whole day today, but it turned out to be a weird day. So I didn't lol. But i'm excited for this post, so that's good. Ha.

I think and pray about my kids a lot. I know that's weird, since i'm single, in college, and poor, and I won't have kids for years, but I still pray for them. I usually picture my son- not that I have anything against girls, and when I have a girl, I will love her more than anything in the world- but I picture my son, and how he'll have curly brown hair and the biggest smile in the world. I already know his name lol. I know people think that's dumb, because my wife might not like the name and I might change my mind, but no. Haha my son's name is nonnegotiable. So I think about my son, and all the things I want for him, and I pray.
I pray that I will be a good dad, and that me and his mom will have an amazing relationship, and that he will know how stinkin much we love him. I pray that I will be able to provide a stable home for him, and that I will be able to give him everything he needs. I pray that God will guide the way I raise my son, so that he will become a man who loves and fears the Lord.
Really, there are three things that I want my son to know- three things that everyone should know.
1.He is loved: I want my son to know that his mom and dad love him so much, that nothing makes them happier. That no matter what happens in his life, we will always love him. I want him, also, to know that God loves him more than anyone ever could, and he never needs to feel like he is alone.
2. He makes me proud: I am going to tell my son this all the time. I am going to celebrate his every achievement. I am going to brag about him to all my friends. I never want him to doubt whether he is good enough, because even though he doesn't even exist yet, he is already amazing to me. I also want him to know that he makes God proud, just because he is who he is. My child will never feel like he needs to perform for attention or love.
3. He is meant for amazing things: Gosh, God has such big plans for my kid. He's gonna change the world. There are going to be things on this planet that only my son can do, and i'm going to make sure he knows this. That he is so incredibly valuable that without him, the world could never be as great as it is with him. without him, my life would be incomplete. Once again, I know that this is crazy, because my son doesn't even exist, but it's so important that he knows these things.

These three things are things I so strongly believe everyone needs to hear. I think about them when i'm ministering to students, when i'm with my brothers and sisters- when I think about my kids. So if you read this, know that

You are loved

You make God proud

and You were meant for amazing things.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan...YOU are loved, YOU make God proud and YOU were meant for amazing things!
    YOU have such a good heart!
    We ARE proud of YOU!
    We love YOU! Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete