Tuesday, February 1, 2011

what I love: Fusion! Part 1 of....?

I think tonight's the night. Hahaha I think that i'm gonna talk about Fusion.

but first, let me tell you, I downloaded the pokemon black Rom- in Japanese- and I can't stop playing. I love pokemon so gosh darn much!

Fusion Inc. is the youth group I am a leader of. I grew up there, and its one of the places I feel most at home. it's changed a lot lately, and its been really cool to see.
I really want to focus on the students of Fusion though. I have known a lot of these people for years- some since I was in Jr. high, a lot since i've been a leader. These are the most amazing group of people ever. I wish I could start listing names and how each person has affected me and moved me, but i'm pretty sure I shouldn't put a bunch of students names on the internet.

I have gotten to know some young men and women who have gone through incredibly difficult things. Divorce, abuse- you name it. It is incredible to me that they keep going on, keep growing, keep trying. It is incredible to me that they are so darn amazing. That they have so much to offer! Sometimes it makes me sad when they don't realize how great they are, heck, sometimes I get angry. I wish that some of these students could see how I see them, how their leaders see them, how God sees them. Because when I say they are amazing, I mean it. I've been to camp with these kids, i've been to Wildwood with these kids.I've seen how big their hearts are, how much they can care and give to others. Man, it's incredible!
There's one student, and I hope she reads this, but her family is such a mess. I don't even know half of it, but what I do is enough to make anyone want to stop trying to get close or open up to people. But this student is so incredibly loving and caring to those around her. She really understands that God loves her, and that He will take care of her. I remember after the first time we went to Wildwood, she cried the whole way home because she felt so strongly for those kids. That's an amazing, big heart.
And there are so many kids that I know like that. I love how much I learn from them, how much I get from them. It is really a blessing to be a part of Fusion. This is only the first of many posts about this place, but this'll start it off. Ha, Fusion is tomorrow, i'm so excited! Wednesdays are my favorite day of the week.

Bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment