Thursday, February 24, 2011

Roy?

I like early weekends. This one is going to be super because, through a weird series of events, I get to see Jeff speak at a men's retreat THEN go to my youth groups winter retreat. I'm pretty freakin' excited. Like, really really REALLY excited.

Today I had a meeting with Roy about moneys and stuff. It was pretty cool. He helped me decide whether or not I should go with Jeff.
It was during this meeting that I realized how much I respect Roy. I know i've talked about how I believe in him and stuff, but it was only today that I realized how much I respect him. It turns out he's super smart about some stuff, and has really great insight into how stuff works. We talked about how he thought it was a good idea that I go take other internships at other churches. It's funny because i've know this guy for six months tops, but I already really value his input.

It's weird, because he will probably read this, but I really value the kind of relationship Roy and I have. I was talking to a lady who works at the church today, and I told her that I love that Roy can be a friend whereas Jeff was like a father figure.

I don't know where i'm going with this, but I do know that Roy is one more reason I want to stay at Fusion. He's going to do amazing things there, and I would love to see it. I love this guy, I love every tonic water-drinking, nerd-talking part of him.

The End.

1 comment: