Saturday, February 26, 2011

What a weekend


Man, this weekend is great. I got to spend a day and a half with Jeff, just soaking up some guidance and wisdom and (spiritual) rest, and now i'm in Duluth, where I got to see God move in my student's lives.... really, REALLY move.

This morning I talked to Jeff honestly about how him leaving made me feel. I was praying and God's just like- you gotta let him know. So I did, and even in just telling him how it hurt it's like a big weight came off my shoulders. I'm getting closer and closer to being healed in this area of my life. It's awesome. So yeah, at the Men's retreat God really broke me open and helped me notice His active presence again.

Then I drove to Duluth, and went to a really nasty water park hahaha. It was awesome hanging out with my guys, I love them so much. We had a night service then, and Roy talked about how we had to give our all to God. All of the kids got down on their knees and prayed and worshiped God. It was amazing to feel God's spirit moving and see these kids responding so readily. It was beautiful.

And it touched me deeply. I don't know what God has planned for me yet, but I know i'm open to it. I would love to talk to someone about it right now, but maybe it's not the time. It's like I feel that mixture of joy and sacred sorrow. Maybe it's peace, maybe i'm just tired.

But I know God is moving.

Thank you God, thank you Jeff, and thank you Roy for making this awesome event happen.

I am so stinkin calm.
For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment