Thursday, February 17, 2011

What i've learned:Be YOU


I think that sometimes we have a tendency to apologize for who we are. I think that sometimes people ask us to try to be perfect, to fit the mold, and when we don't do that, well,

we apologize.

I'm sorry i'm not perfect, i'm sorry my life wasn't tidy enough for you. Let me put my mask on quick, rehearse my lines, and try again. Let me be happy for you, even if i'm really not.

That's so dumb.

I believe that God made us who we are.

And while I don't believe that he created all of the hurt and insecurities in our lives,
I believe that He uses them, makes beautiful things out of them.

In fact, I think it's only when we are not honest and open about who we are that we become ugly and frustrated. If we refuse to let the light of Christ- the light of truth- into who we are, well, we stay dark.

We create walls with words to try to hold back who we are- all of our craziness and insecurities, all of our hurt and joy.
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry.
Making walls, and shutting ourselves in the dark.

Don't be sorry.
Be angry
Be sad
Be happy
Be passionate
Be you.
Because you are beautiful
fearfully and wonderfully made.
And you have nothing to be sorry about.

And personally, I would take your anger and sadness and realness
over fake smiles and lines any day.

There's a song by Sleeping At Last called "Say"
the lyrics are

Say what you really want to say
and the truest of forms will show, finally you'll find your soul.

I think that to find ourselves in Christ, we need to be brutally honest with ourselves, and not be afraid to show others the truth.

I love you guys, no matter how messed up you are. Join the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment