Saturday, January 22, 2011

This is me bragging: Tonight's killer team night

Tonight My fellow Team Leader's and I hosted an event at North Central for our Team Sonic guys. Not gonna lie, I wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out, because A. It was really hard to plan what with me just being a horrible planner and it being the beginning of the semester. and B. We had a youth group event last night, and it's not always a good idea to plan two things in one weekend.

But it was freakin awesome!!!

It was a fake formal dinner, so everyone (mostly) dressed super nice, and we ate...... Pizza! haha it was great. Then we played a youth group form of Apprentice- Fusion Inc. Apprentice! I'm not going to lie, I was sure this was gonna fail. I didn't think my guys would have the attention span or desire to do this. But they loved it! We did three events-
1. Create a mascot for Team Sonic- this was individual. The two least creative students were fired.
2. Create a sermon series for the youth group. This was a team event. The team that gave the best presentation was safe, the team that didn't do so hot was fired, save one contestant.
3. At this point there were four contestants left. They were divided into two groups, and then each given three team members to work with. They then had to come up with an idea for our next team weekend. Each team gave us a pitch for it, and we then decided which event to do. The three team members on each side then critiqued their leaders. Only one leader on each team could move on, so two were cut.

Finally, each remaining player gave us Team Leaders reasons why they should be the apprentice. Both had amazing speeches, and both were great leaders, but in the end, the winner was....

JUST KIDDING! Can't say students names on here. Regardless, it was so great, and i'm proud of all my guys.

In the end, we gave out the Fusion Apprentice Award, and gave each kid an individual award. It was awesome.

So, that's me bragging. I love my guys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment